Fortuna is an advanced and beautifully designed Premium theme for OpenCart versions 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199.
The package contains one custom module, which controls the functionality added to OpenCart by Fortuna.
All of this custom functionality is controlled by the admin area. You don’t need to edit all of the settings to get started with the shop, the default parameters are just fine.
Fortuna has been designed to take advantange of the latest OpenCart features, so it can be installed on versions 1.5.2 and up. The recommeded version is the newest 188.8.131.52.
NOTE: Follow OpenCart recomendations to upgrade v184.108.40.206
Before installing this theme, it is assumed that you have working opencart installation. If not, please refer to the official documentation.
Fortuna makes use of plugins to add custom features. These plugins need Vqmod installed on your site.
If you already have Vqmod skip to the step 2. Otherwise, get the latest release here http://code.google.com/p/vqmod/downloads/list. Download the lastest vqmod-x.x.x-opencart.zip file.
Follow the instructions to install on your server http://code.google.com/p/vqmod/wiki/Install_OpenCart.
Upload theme files
From your Themeforest account download and unzip the package “…Fortuna-responsive-and-clean-opencart-theme.zip”.
There are 4 folders for OpenCart:
- OpenCart 220.127.116.11
- OpenCart 18.104.22.168
- OpenCart 22.214.171.124
- OpenCart 126.96.36.199
IMPORTANT: Select the folder that matches to your OpenCart version. Versions 188.8.131.52 and older aren’t supported anymore.
To find out which version of OpenCart your store is running on, log in to your admin panel and this should be displayed at the bottom of the page.
Inside the folder with the right version you will find four directories: admin, catalog, image and vqmod. Upload those folders to the root directory you have installed OpenCart in.
Don’t worry, it won’t replace any core files 🙂
Log in the OpenCart administration and activate the theme System > Settings > Store tab > Template (third row)
Also, in this tab make sure Default layout is selected.
Fortuna theme module installation
Go to Extension > Modules > Fortuna Theme Options.
There you must install (click on the ‘install’ link). This module will ONLY work with Fortuna theme.
Then enable (click on ‘edit’ change the status to “enabled” and then click ‘Save’) the ‘Fortuna Theme Options’ module.
IMPORTANT – If your admin panel language is other than English…
This module includes English language files. If you want to use your admin panel in a different language, you will need to copyadmin/laguage/english/module/fortuna.php to admin/laguage/YOUR_LANGUAGE/module/fortuna.php.
Then, open fortuna.php from your own language folder and make the required translations if you wish. Otherwise, leave it in English, you won’t have any problems.
Now the template should be activate and you should see the new design on the frontend.
Image size adjustment
Go to your System > Settings, select the Image tab and adjust the image settings with the following recommended values:
Featured, latest, bestsellers
For other modules, such as featured products, latest products, bestsellers, etc. adjust the image settings with the following recommended values:
To preserve the elegant design when you add modules to the layout (Bestsellers, Latest, Featured, Specials, etc.) you should choose ‘column left‘ or ‘column right‘ as their position, but not both in the same layout.
If you want to display one of these modules in carousel format, the limit should be greater than 4 to get the slide effect. And enable the option as shown here
There are layouts wich do not support left of right positions, such as Cart, Checkout and Login.
To display the whole list of categories in accordion format, install and enable the module “Category Accordion”. It works the same way as the default Category module.
On your frontend the result is:
If you want to save space and show more products to your customers, install and enable the module “Tabbed Products”. It can display Latest, Featured, Bestseller and Special products.
It’s possible to configure the options for each tab and instance of the module.
On your frontend the result is:
First, create another group of banners in System > Design > Banners.
Then, if you want to place banners at the bottom like the demo site, use the following settings in carousel module:
To update the theme, grab the new package from your Themeforest account. On the Downloads tab the latest version will be always available.
Then, upload again the files to your server replacing the old ones. And make sure to save again your settings in the Fortuna Theme Options module.
IMPORTANT Delete the folder catalog/view/theme/fortuna/template/payment. The default payment templates will be used to make the update process easier.
If you are using the Cloud Zoom feature and want to upgrade from version 1.0.3 change your Additional Product Image Size to 62×62.
Remember that you need vQmod with the last version.
If a new feature has some requirements it will be explained in the release.
Theme Options module
Fortuna ships with one module with some options you must take a look at. In order to get the most from this theme, read carefully the descriptions and instructions below.
By default Fortuna has a responsive layout but you can choose additional options
Choose between Grid or List as default presentation
Select the number of columns for grid listings. 3 will show 4 products when sidebar is collapsed. 4 will display 5 with sidebar hidden.
The subcategories (Refine Search)will display as links by default, you can hide them or display them as thumbnails.
Select if you want to display your product details in tabs or accordion format
Products Image Zoom
Add a cool zoom effect to your product images.
This feature requires vqmod
Cloud Zoom is integrated in the theme. If you want to display your product images with this beautiful effect, just check this option.
This is the result on your site:
If you don’t need the collapsible sidebar disable the option
There are 4 predefined skins:
- Light. A clean style with a border around the main content.
- Miminal. Just separator lines and white background.
- Dark. A version with the body in dark color and central content in white.
- All Black. A completeley black version
Choose one of those skins.
In the Background/Patterns section you can select a pattern from the default lis or upload your own pattern or full background image.
Images will be used in the following order:
- Single background image, if not present then
- Custom pattern, if not present then
- One of the default patterns if selected, else
Full page background
If you want to use a full background covering the whole page there’s a new option:
If you enable this option, your selected skin will be overriden with the changes you make here.
Feel free to try different combinations and personalize your own site. The first time it will load the colors from the default theme.
If you want to return to default value, just clear the desired field.
In buttons colors a gradient is used, for that reason you can change top and bottom color of the gradient. In hover state, colors will be inverted.
If you want to speed up your site use one of the common fonts instead of the fonts from Google.
The default fonts are indicated in case you want to swith back to the original style
There are 3 different scripts to display your slideshow banners. Try them and select the one which you like
These options are for the default Slideshow module only. The Advanced Slideshow module has its own options.
If you want to slow down your slides INCREASE the Speed value
If you want to make the transition effect faster DECREASE the Transition value
Check he modules you wan to display as carousel. If unchecked if will be displayed as static boxes.
If you want automatically rotate the carousel check the following option
Options to change the header look.
Its default position is left, but you can move the logo to the center.
The result is:
By default Fortuna uses the Bootrap mobile menu with a button to slide down the other links. But if you want to use a select box on mobiles check the following:
Here you can change information displayed on the site’s footer.
You can point to your social network profiles. Just those options you write will show in frontend. Fortuna doesn’t overload your shop with multiple posts from Facebook or Twitter.
It has been designed to make your site more profitable and lightweight.
You can display a Facebook Like button on the footer. Paste everything after www.facebook.com/.
For example, if my Facebook page is at www.facebook.com/everthemes I need to paste everthemes in the box.
If you want to show an additional Facebook icon check the box.
Also, include links to other social profiles…
Extra information boxes under the social icons in the bottom right.
And your Copyright note.
Advanced Slideshow (Revolution Slider)
Fortuna includes the fantastic Revolution Slider in an additional module called Advaced Slideshow – Fortuna.
Install and enable the module Extensions > Modules > Advanced Slideshow. If you enable this slider disable the default Slideshow module.
Number of slides
Choose the number of slides and elements on each slide
NOTE: Only enable the number of slides you need otherwise it will slow down the module.
You can upload one banner for each language
and place a link for each one, too.
With each slide you can add additional elements (images, text, video, custom HTML)
For images just select the images and upload as usual.
For video paste the full URL from YouTube or Vimeo and it will be extracted automatically.
… and paste
Text or HTML
Put any text with HTML tags. For example, if you want to add a button using predefined styles:
<span class ="button green">BUY NOW</span>
Change the green color with your preferred one. Available colors: green, blue, red, orange, darkgrey and lightgrey.
Choose a style for the content. Some styles only will appear if yo use Text or HTML
Start is how many milliseconds after the banner is loaded this element will appear
The final position of the element (image, text or HTML) on the slideshow. Set these values to 0 if you add a video.
If you don’t want to use the Revolution Advanced Slideshow you still can use the default slideshow function from OpenCart.
Bear in mind that this slideshow doesn’t support multiple language, custom HTML or video.
First, go to System > Design > Banners.
Insert a new group of banners. Use a related name as “Slideshow”
Add as many banners as you want. The recommended banner size for a full width slider is 960 x 420 pixels.
Then, go to Extensions > Modules > Slideshow.
Select the banner group you created in the previous step and adjust the image settings with the following recommended values:
Now your slideshow is displaying on the frontpage of your site.
You can add new functionality to your site activating some extensions. Note that you need the xml file of the vqmod extension on your server.
The following are the recommended extensions and they will be installed with the theme. If you want to disable any extension just remove the file from the vqmod/xml directory.
It will display the thumbnails for child categories.
Adds a link to previous and next product in each category.
Custom Body Classes
This will be specially helpful for advanced customization. This extension add a custom class to body tag so you can completely customize any page in your site using CSS
There are other optional extensions. If you want to install any of them upload the file to vqmod/xml folder.
- Google Rich Snippets
- Product rich snippets is to provide users with additional information about a specific product, such as the product’s price and reviewer(s) ratings and commentary.
- Files: z-google-rich-snippets-1.xml and z-google-rich-snippets-2_Fortuna.xml
- 3rd Level Menu
- Add a 3rd. level in the top categories menu
- File: 3rd_level_menu.xml
Almost all design changes can be acomplished using CSS. To make custom changes to the theme and keep the update process easy, use the custom.css file. It’s on catalog/view/theme/fortuna/stylesheet/
Activate the custom stylesheet checking the box:
If your changes are minimal and you don’t to touch any file on your server, paste your custom code in the box below (and deactivate the above option).
Column positioning is based on the great Bootstrap Framework with responsive layout.
Code is well commented so you can easily make your changes (if any is needed).
CSS files and structure
List of CSS files used in Fortuna:
- bootstrap.min.css – Base stylesheet from Bootsrap Framework
- stylesheet.css – Fortuna main stylesheet
- stylesheet-responsive.css – Media queries up to 960px
- stylesheet-responsive-large.css – Media queries for large screens >1200px
- stylesheet.rtl.css – Stylesheet for RTL languages
- custom.css – Put here your own CSS code
If you would like to edit a specific section of the site, simply find the appropriate label in the CSS file (use Firefox extension called ‘Firebug’ to do that or Chrome/Safari inspector), and then scroll down until you find the appropriate style that needs to be edited.
The structure of the CSS file is marked by comments, indicating the sections of the theme.
If you are new to CSS, here is a good starting point http://www.csstutorial.net
Fortuna includes the following libraries:
- custom.js (put your own code here)
- Updated to Bootstrap 3. All .tpl, .css and some .js files changed.
- Added -/+ signs in quantity box on product page.
- Updated 3rd level vqmod extension
- Dropped support for OpenCart 184.108.40.206
- Added compatibility with OpenCart 1.5.6
- Updated to Bootstrap 2.3.1
- Added multilanguage Revolution Slider with video support
- Updated Fortuna Theme Options module with new options and layout
- Options to control subcategory thumbnails from the admin panel
- Choose default presentation for categories Grid or List
- New ‘All Black’ skin
- Enhanced modules in carousel mode to display correctly with RTL languages
- Fixed grid view on manufacturer page
- Added option to control Facebook icon and button
- CSS fixes
- Compatibility with OpenCart 220.127.116.11
- Updated Previous/Next product to cycle on the same category
- Fixed issues with grid view not displaying height correctly
- CSS fixes
- Added support for large desktop size (>1200px)
- Added Nivo and Camera sliders
- Added controls for Slideshow speed
- Added related products module
- Added tabbed products module
- Added more font options
- Added option to display 3 or 4 products on each row
- Added option to change from tabs to accordion on product page
- Added more controls for product image zoom
- Added extension to display 3rd level menu (vqmod)
- Added option to display mobile menu as select box
- Added Instagram profile icon
- Payment methods templates removed to use the default ones
- Bootstrap Framework updated to 2.2.1
- Fixed problem with vertical scroll on carousels
- Hide Wishlist and Compare options on the admin panel instead of vqmod
- Updated classes for buttons (.btn to .button) to improve compatibility with some extensions
- CSS fixes
- Updated documentation
The folder catalog/view/theme/fortuna/template/payment was removed to use the default templates. This will make the updates easier.
- Added option to enable/disable responsive layout
- Added prev/next product (vqmod)
- Added custom body classes (vqmod)
- Moved hide wishlist and comparison to vqmod
- Moved product image zoom to vqmod
- Fixed subcategory thumbnails for compatiblity with other modules
- Added more custom color options in the theme module
- Minor CSS fixes
- Updated documentation
- Tested for compatibility with OpenCart 18.104.22.168
- Updated Facebook Like Box script
- Fixed grid display when showing more than 12 products
- Fixed latest, featured, bestseller, special modules when assigned to Content Top position on homepage
- Fixed PostCode jquery validation
- Fixed Reward points missing conditional
- Fixed call to Google webfonts even if no custom font selected
- Updated Flexslider script to the latest version
- CSS Fixes for IE
- Facebook Fan Box fixed
- Custom CSS code with html entities fixed
- Fixed bug in edit address form
- HTML version is included in the package
- Added Add to Compare function
- Add to Compare and Add to Wishlist can be disabled on the admin panel
- Sidebars can be used on product page
- In minicart the total is updated correctly when a new product is added
- Option to display always the Add to Cart button
- New social icons
- Fixed header info text issue
- Initial release